Wednesday, April 28, 2010

DAS BOOT



So I have a stress fracture in my left heel. Meaning no running for 4-6 (possibly even 8) weeks. For a runner, this is torture. This also means I have to wear a boot.
For someone graduating college in 3 weeks, this is also torture.
Now- there is a small chance I just tore the ligament or tendon or whatever. And that it'll be close to recovery on Friday (day of my follow up appointment). If it still hurts on Friday (which means I'll have to walk on it again sans Advil) I am going to get an x-ray. Such fun for me.
I'd rather this:
But I don't think that is going t
o be happening if I can barely walk. Lugging that freaking thing a around makes me incredibly tired. Hopefully I can adjust in the next two days and I can still go out. Sure I'll have a boot on but that doesn't mean I can't go out and look cute!

So I bring you:

BOOT FASHION

Last night I watched Season 6, Episode 11 "The Domino Effect." In which a lot of crazy stuff happens BUT Samantha also break her big toe and has to wear this:
Samantha manages to style her boot with some beautiful dresses.
I did vast amounts of research and found this:

Samantha Jones Breaks A Toe


While this is a tiny a photo, I absolutely love this dress. It's colorful it's interesting and she wears it with her boot/shoe. (Thanks to Denying Insanity for these screencaps, by the way.)
And my favorite quote out of this scene: "I have a broken toe, not a broken spirit." And that is really something I should go for. I just have to beat the exhaustion. So Samantha does not resort to sweats or staying at home. She goes out into the world, looking fabulous, and wearing her little medical booty.


Like I said, not many pictures exist of her in this episode because of the boot. So in the second scene you can barely see what she is wearing but you can tell that she is wearing a strappy pink dress (which is actually quite form fitting) along with her awesome medical shoe. She accessorizes with a gorgeous necklace and kicks ass. Later in the season she'll be diagnosed with breast cancer-- something certainly more serious than her broken toe. But she rocks that out with dignity and beauty as well.

*Sigh* If only we could all be Samantha Jones.

Hot Guys Wear Boots Too
Holy shit, David Beckham is wearing the same boot as me!

I called my best friend to tell her that a stress fracture is a fat person injury. (I'm hurt, I'm allowed to be bitchy.) And she responded, "It's actually an athlete's injury."

And look at that it is. Suck it.


In the End...
I'd really like to do this:

No comments:

Post a Comment