Friday, April 30, 2010

Medical Boot Fashion Part 2

Broken Beauties
My good friend, Aubrey Robertson, directed me to this website called "Broken Beauties." Apparently, one woman had the same idea that I did-- That injury doesn't have to be ugly. Here's the beginning of her story:

In the Fall of 2002 my very busy, very active sister took one jump too many on a trampoline and severely fractured her ankle. The first few days were spent in a blur of pain, surgery, more pain and adjusting to this new very restricted life. Even in a large metropolitan area she had trouble finding the things she needed to function on a daily basis. Her medical bills began to haunt her, the medication made her sick and keeping the weight off without her normal exercise routine became a frustrating challenge and that was on a good day!
The crutches were “ugly”. “Why can’t someone make good looking crutches?”, she’d lament.
And so Broken Beauties was founded. They offer slings, crutches, walkers, and more! I spent some time on the site and was saddened to find that there were no special medical boot covers. I'm going to send an e-mail, because maybe no one has ever requested a medical boot before.


Dress it Up!
As you all know I am determined to dress this injury up. Here are my past two days in injured style.

I did a half french braid pulled to the side.



















And on Thursday I wore another dress:


Sun dresses are super comfortable and easy to put on.
Not to mention they scream "styled."

That's all for today.
<3
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment